Volunteers Wanted for Citizen Corps Emergency Teams
- Organization: Delaware County Citizen Corps
- Causes: Civic, Educational
- Date(s): The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17, at the Brookhaven Municipal Community Room, 2 Cambridge Road in Brookhaven Borough.
- Contact person: Volunteer Management Coordinator Ed Kline
- Phone: 610-892-8134
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.co.delaware.pa.us/delcoready/citizencorp.html
Residents of Delaware County are invited to attend a meeting of the Delaware County Citizen Corps to learn more about volunteer opportunities in the event of a major emergency. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17, at the Brookhaven Municipal Community Room, 2 Cambridge Road in Brookhaven Borough.
Citizen Corps is the umbrella organization for disaster volunteers in Delaware County. Member organizations are the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Medical Reserve Corps (MRC), and the County Animal Response Team (CART).
The purpose of this Corps is to support existing volunteer groups by providing leadership and helping them to recruit and retain volunteers. The cumulative effect of these volunteer organizations is a community prepared to respond to and recover from any and all hazards that may present themselves in the county.
Attendees will learn about the roles and responsibilities of volunteers and how to become an active member of this rewarding endeavor. Further discussion will include the creation of a Citizen Corps Council and upcoming education and training events.
People are asked to pre-register for the meeting with Volunteer Management Coordinator Ed Kline by email at email@example.com or by calling 610-892-8134.