Love the idea of gathering around the table for that perfect holiday dinner? Hate the countless hours of prepping, cooking and cleaning that it requires?
Marple Newtown Patch uncovered a host of local resources ready and able to lend a hand with your holiday meal. This year, consider outsourcing some or all of your Thanksgiving feast to get you out of the kitchen and back to friends and family.
Note: Check with vendors for any conditions that may apply.
- The HoneyBaked Ham Company–For over 50 years, the HoneyBaked Ham Company has been putting perfectly prepared hams and turkeys on holiday tables. So if you're leery about delegating such a crucial meal, these are the experts you're looking for. Honeybaked Ham offers a heat-and-serve Whole Roasted Turkey Feast option for $69.95, which includes a 11- to 13-pound turkey, a 2-pound package of cornbread dressing, a 2-pound package of sweet potato soufflé, a 24-ounce package of turkey gravy and a southern-style pecan pie. Pickup is available in-store Thanksgiving Even from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. 2054 Sproul Road (located in the Shoppes at Sproul Plaza next to Wawa), Broomall, (610) 353-4000.
- Hill's Quality Seafood Market–If your family is looking to celebrate the holidays with the traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes, Hill's has it covered in one easy step. Simply consult their menu of oven-ready fish dishes like poached salmon, pick up trays of cocktail shrimps and claws, or crab legs, and you're done. Hill's suggests ordering at least 48 hours in advance to ensure availability. Pick-up is available in-store until 7 p.m. the day before Thanksgiving. 3605 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, (610) 359-1888.
- Luigi & Giovanni Caterers–Bring the tastes of Italy to your holiday table with a range of menu options from Luigi & Giovanni Caterers. Choose the Family Dinner Feast and get a complete meal for four, including salad, a 3-pound tray of baked ziti, chicken fingers, and your choice of entrees ranging from chicken, pork or eggplant parmigiano to yankee beef pot roast, or go for the Prime Cut Family Dinner Feast and choose from veal parmigiano, lamb, crab cakes or salmon. Luigi & Giovanni's suggests placing orders by Sunday, Nov. 20, to ensure availability. Open Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving Day until 2 p.m.. 3601 Chapel Road, Newtown Square, (610) 353-2080.
- Soprano's Trattoria & Catering–Choose from an extensive catering menu of traditional Italian antipasti, hors d'oeuvres, hot pasta dishes and desserts from Soprano's. They fill hundreds of catering orders around the holidays, so order early to ensure the best selection. Open Thanksgiving Eve until 9 p.m. and the morning of Thanksgiving Day for pickup. 3072 West Chester Pike, Broomall, PA, (610) 359-9355.
- Charlotte's Restaurant–For true procrastinators, Charlotte's Restaurant is the solution to all your holiday headaches. The store will be open until 9 p.m. Thanksgiving Eve for pickup. Though the menu leans more toward take-out than ready-made dishes, many of the meals can be reheated for Thanksgiving Day festivities. 3207 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA, (610) 356-7100.
- Giant Food Stores–In addition to the traditional holiday ham or turkey dinner packages, Giant also offers appetizers, fruits trays, desserts and even a lobster clambake (complete with cooking pot). Dinner orders can be placed online, by phone or in person. Pickup is available in-store. 2910 Springfield Road, Broomall, (610) 355-7717.
- ACME Markets–There are two options that both serve up to eight people. For $49.99, the Classic menu includes a 10- to 12-pound turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. For $74.99, the Ultimate menu includes the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls and a pumpkin pie. Pickup is available in-store. 3590 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 610) 353-8018 and 1991 Sproul Rd, Broomall, 610-325-2880.