Love the idea of gathering around the table for that perfect holiday dinner? Hate the countless hours of prepping, cooking and cleaning that it requires?
Marple Newtown Patch uncovered a host of local resources ready and able to lend a hand with your holiday meal. This year, consider outsourcing some or all of your Christmas feast to get you out of the kitchen and back to friends and family.
Note: Check with vendors for any conditions that may apply. Call vendors for specific times when you can pick-up or reserve your meal.
- The HoneyBaked Ham Company–For over 50 years, the HoneyBaked Ham Company has been putting perfectly prepared hams and turkeys on holiday tables. So if you're leery about delegating such a crucial meal, these are the experts you're looking for. Honeybaked Ham offers boneless ham, each hand glazed with their signature glaze and is currently offering a $3 coupon towards their boneless ham. You can also reserve your hm or trkey on the website here. The store is closed on Christmas Day and is only open until 3 p.m. on Dec. 24. 2054 Sproul Road (located in the Shoppes at Sproul Plaza next to Wawa), Broomall, (610) 353-4000.
- Hill's Quality Seafood Market–If your family is looking to celebrate the holidays with the traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes, Hill's has it covered in one easy step. Simply consult their menu of oven-ready fish dishes like poached salmon, pick up trays of cocktail shrimps and claws, or crab legs, and you're done. Hill's suggests ordering at least 48 hours in advance to ensure availability. 3605 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, (610) 359-1888.
- Luigi & Giovanni Caterers–Bring the tastes of Italy to your holiday table with a range of menu options from Luigi & Giovanni Caterers. Choose the Family Dinner Feast and get a complete meal for four, including salad, a 3-pound tray of baked ziti, chicken fingers, and your choice of entrees ranging from chicken, pork or eggplant parmigiano to yankee beef pot roast, or go for the Prime Cut Family Dinner Feast and choose from veal parmigiano, lamb, crab cakes or salmon. Luigi & Giovanni's suggests placing orders at least one week in advance to ensure availability. 3601 Chapel Road, Newtown Square, (610) 353-2080.
- Soprano's Trattoria & Catering–Choose from an extensive catering menu of traditional Italian antipasti, hors d'oeuvres, hot pasta dishes and desserts from Soprano's. They fill hundreds of catering orders around the holidays, so order early to ensure the best selection. 3072 West Chester Pike, Broomall, PA, (610) 359-9355.
- Charlotte's Restaurant–For true procrastinators, Charlotte's Restaurant is the solution to all your holiday headaches. Though the menu leans more toward take-out than ready-made dishes, many of the meals can be reheated for Christmas Day. 3207 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA, (610) 356-7100.
- Giant Food Stores–For a limited time only, Giant is offering a holiday ham dinner (serves 6-10) for $59.99, which includes a 7-9 lb. spiral ham, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, creamy country corn and a bakery fresh pie. In addition, the supermarket is offering a turkey holiday dinner (serves 6-10)for $59.99, which include a fully cooked 10-12 lb. Butterball turkey, mashed potatoes and homestyle gravy, green bean casserole, herb stuffing, cranberry relish, dinner rolls and a bakery fresh pie for dessert.
Orders for dinners may be placed from now through Dec. 20th at 5 pm. Pick up orders beginning on Dec. 17-24.
Pickup is available in-store. 2910 Springfield Road, Broomall, (610) 355-7717.
- ACME Markets–Though they aren't offering entire Christmas dinner meals like Thanksgiving, the supermarket's deli section still has plenty of rotisserie chicken and a variety of platters to choose from–consider the breakfast platter for those staying over during the holiday. Don't forget their bakery section where dessert is ready to go all the time. Pickup is available in-store. 3590 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 610) 353-8018 and 1991 Sproul Rd, Broomall, 610-325-2880.