Breakdown in Numbers: MNHS Philly Mag Rank
Philadelphia Magazine ranked Marple Newtown High School 50 out of 100 public high schools in the Philadelphia area. Read on to find the breakdown of their ranking.
NEWTOWN SQUARE–Philadelphia Magazine recently ranked Marple Newtown High School 50 out of 100 public schools in the Philadelphia area.
Here's a breakdown of numbers for Marple Newtown:
- $10,461 – Average instructional spending
- 1,140 – Total enrollment for 9th through 12th grades
- 83% – Percentage of graduates attending a 2- or 4-year college
- 81% – Percentage of students graded proficient or above in the state standardized PSSA in reading.
- 70 – Percentage of students graded proficient or above in the state standardized PSSA in math.
- 14:1 – Average number of students per faculty member in school (some figures are district-wide).
The rankings were based on the following categories:
- 9th-grade (10th where applicable) through 12th-grade enrollment;
- Percentage of students who graduate;
- Percentage of graduates going to a two- or four-year college;
- Average SAT scores for the past three years;
- Percentage of 11th-grade students ranked proficient or above in state assessment tests (in Pennsylvania, the PSSA; in New Jersey, the HSPA) for the past three years;
- Student/faculty ratio;
- Instructional cost and total cost per student;
- Number of designated Advanced Placement courses offered;
- Number of varsity sports teams (boys’ and girls’ teams in the same sport were counted separately); and
- Number of clubs and activities offered.