Get Out: Hurricane Relief Zumbathon, Library Events for Kids and More
What's going on in Marple Newtown this weekend?
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Greek Orthodox Church of St Luke 35 N Malin Rd, Broomall
- Why Go: Get in shape having fun at a ZUMBATHON. All proceeds go to Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- Cost: $10 donation
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 8 p.m.
- Where: Swarthmore United Methodist Church, 129 Park Ave, Swarthmore
- Why Go: MN Players (soon to be Spotlight Theatre) presents its next Improv Night this weekend in Swarthmore. Join the theater's house improvisational troupe for a night of funny, fast-paced, unscripted action! There will be music, physicality, wordplay, and more.
- Cost: $10
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Marple Public Library
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for an afternoon of celebrating and having fun with Curious George! Get a chance to meet Curious George, enjoy banana-tastic treats, activities, and much more. Open to all ages and no registration required.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 11 a.m.
- Where: Newtown Public Library
- Why Go: The kids will have fun at the library with the large puppets of Puppets Pizzazz, music, short skits and jokes. No registration required.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Nov. 18, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Community Recreation and Environmental Center (CREC)
- Why Go: Join with family and friends for a good - hearted outdoor scavenger hunt. We will travel around the open space of the Haverford Reserve and discover the different environmental features that make the area so great! Great activity for families and groups with children over the age of 6. Activity includes a bit of walking.
- Cost: $5 per person or $15 per family/group