Hurricane Sandy: Road Closures in Marple Newtown
The following road closures have been provided by township officials.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, a number of fallen trees and wires have been noted around Marple Newtown. The following information has been provided by Marple and Newtown township officials and PennDOT.
The following roads in Marple Township will be closed until further notice due to downed trees (all major intersections are operable due to back-up generators):
- North Sproul Road near Kent Road–Opened
- Sproul Road between Church Lane and Marple Road–Opened
- Paxon Hollow Road by Paxon Hollow Country Club between Worthington Drive and Pine Tree Drive–Opened
- Mary Lane by Rose Hill Road–Opened
The following roads in Newtown Township will be closed until further notice due to downed trees and electrical wires as a result of Hurricane Sandy:
- 400 Block of Bishop Hollow (Hempstead Rd. to Gradyville Rd.)–Opened
- West Chester Pike, Westbound (Clyde Lane to Ellis Ave.)–Opened
- Wayland Road–Opened
- Goshen Road (in the area of Hansel Rd.)–Opened
- Llangollen Lane–Opened
- Woolman Drive–Opened
- Bryn Mawr Ave. (West Chester Pike to Brookside Rd.)–Opened
- Andover Road at Glendale Road
Note: This is an ongoing list of road closures. Please feel free to add to the list by commenting in this article.