Marple Twp. to Vote on Police Vehicle Purchase at Meeting
The township commissioners will take on the purchase of a two replacement police vehicles and a roll-off hoist truck at its Monday meeting.
The Marple Township Board of Commissioners are expected to vote on several agenda items at the Monday, March 11 meeting at 7 p.m.
See the attached agenda and below are a few items to be voted upon.
- Set the compensation for the township tax collector position
- Mutual Agreement with Haverford Township for the use of Marple Police during the USGA U.S. Open in June
- Purchase of two, replacement police vehicles
- Two Ford Explorer police interceptors as replacements at a cost of $54,382 out of the General Fund.
- Purchase of a roll-off hoist truck
- A container truck, the second for the township, for the use of recycling. The current truck is a success but makes six to eight trips daily and the purchase of a second truck will assist with the clearing out of the recycling. The expected cost from the Refuse Fund would be $164,000, which does not include financing costs.