The Newtown Square Farmers' Market, managed by the Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC), now calls West Chester Pike home.
Founded in 1939, the PRC focuses on environmental health and resource conservation, according to the organization's website.
Market manager Carol Butler of the PRC said the location upgrade offers better parking and visibility.
"We can make this a market that continues to grow in customers and vendors," said Butler.
Here are the details on the vendors at the market and the foods/products they have to offer:
- FreshaPeel Hummus- The Lancaster-based company offers a large selection of hummus flavors, including Blazin' Buffalo, Lemon Kale and Sweet Pumpkin. It also sells raw milk cheese, which provides a sharper flavor to regular cheese.
- JPM Catering and Events- Out of Ardmore, they sell health-oriented dinners and treats. A sample dinner combination offered includes pita chips with baba ghanoush. They also sell breads, desserts and iced-teas.
- Big Sky Bread- No processed sugars, oils or preservatives are found in the breads from the Wilmington (Del.) bakery. Among other types, they sell Italian, sourdough, corn and 7-grain breads, as well as treats like banana crumb cake and granola.
- Hillside Farms of Elwyn- Although not certified organic, their vegetables are grown following all organic practices under the Community Support Agriculture (CSA) system.
- Urban Essence- Based in Landsdowne, the company offers handmade bath and body products including soaps, lotions and bath salts.
- Past Times Present- The married singing duo perform at the market while selling their CDs, which feature titles like "Songs of Liberty, Loyalty, Libations and Love" and "A Child's Garden of Song."
- Maiale Deli and Salumeria- The Wilmington (Del.) deli sells over 20 varieties of handcrafted specialty sausages and salamis. One of their most popular flavors is chicken sausage with spinach and sharp provolone.
- Sunny Slope Farm- The famous Whoopie pie is one of the big hits for the Christiana (Penn.) farm. They also sell farm fresh eggs, fruits, vegetables and jams.
- Windows Plus Roofing & Siding- They can improve windows, doors, roofing, siding, attic insulation, decks, porch enclosures and more for homes while offering savings as high as $500.
- Green Zebra Farm- The Gradyville farm sells organically grown produce like peppers, red onions, green beans, tomatoes and zucchinis.
Coming July 25:
- The Fudge Drum- The company is based out of Chadds Ford.
Here's a list of events the PRC will host at the nursery:
- Winged Wonder, an interactive butterfly display, will stop by on Aug. 1.
- The PRC will offer composting workshops on Aug. 1 and 22 at 6:00 p.m. Click here to register online.