Super Bowl XLVII Sunday in New Orleans brings the face off of the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers–and brother vs. brother head coaches. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49ers and his brother John coaches the Ravens.
This will be the fifth time these two teams have squared off since the 1996 season. Baltimore won the 2003, 2007 and 2011 games. San Francisco won in 1996.
Here are some tips for the best local hangouts to watch the game and celebrate with other fans, or how to stock your own house party.
Where to Watch The Game in Town (all have flat screen TVs available at the bar)
- Casale – They'll have $2.50 domestic beers, $4 wines, $5 house martinis and cosmopolitans, and 20% off their bar menu which includes, filet mignon sliders, three different kinds of bruschetta, Casale burger with smoked bacon, and more.
- The Ale House – They're offering $0.50 wings and $7 pitchers all day Sunday for the big game. Take-out beer is also available.
- Casey's Pub – They're offering their regular bar menu (12 rotating draft beers and a variety of bottled beers) on Sunday which includes domestic drafts and their full food menu here.
- UNO Chicago Grill – They'll be running their usual happy hour and snack specials during the game.
- Carmine's Pizza & Restaurant – Full bar and take-out beer available. Wings and pizza specials will be offered on their food and bar menu for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Double Edge Sports Bar and Grill (Edgmont) — If you don't have tickets to the game, how about tickets to the Superbowl Party at Double Edge. For $45 in advance or $50 at the door, enjoy domestic drafts, bottles, wine and well drinks and a halftime buffet. The wall of TVs will give you every viewing opportunity. There's also a change to win a TV. Party starts a 6 p.m.
Where to Stock Up on Your Own Super Bowl Party Eats
- A Casa Pizza – If you're not up for going out with the Super Bowl crowds, you could place an order here. They have 35 different toppings and various interesting, homemade crusts and sauce options you won't find elsewhere. They also have strombolis, salads, pasta, tomato pie, cookie dough, breakfast pizzas, and gluten-free pizza. They don't deliver, so think ahead for pick-up if this is the way you're going to go, and be sure to order early on Sunday. Everyone's likely to be swamped with orders by 6 p.m.
- Giant – People sometimes get so wrapped up with ordering food that they forget about their local grocery store. Not only can you find a plethora of affordable options to make yourself, but if you lack the time (or just don't feel like it), stores like Giant have plenty of pre-made party platter options, bags of ice and non-alcoholic drinks by the caseload.
- ACME Markets – ACME will also have plenty of pre-made party platter options, including ones that are packaged in a football-shaped container. Talk about playing to your audience.
Where to Buy Drinks in Marple Newtown on Sunday