Toll Brothers To Develop 449 Luxury Homes in Newtown Square
Formerly known as the Ashford site, Liseter luxury homes is scheduled to open home sales in January 2013.
NEWTOWN SQUARE–The estate on the corner of Rt. 252/Newtown Street Road and Goshen Road in Newtown Square–owned by The Rouse Group–will soon be redeveloped into luxury homes by luxury home builder Toll Brothers.
"We were just informed...that Toll Brothers has partnered up with Rouse development to construct Ashford, which will be renamed to Liseter–Liseter is the farm that the du Pont family originally called the property," announced Newtown Township Manager Mike Trio at a supervisors meeting on Nov. 26.
According to Trio, Toll Brothers has "strictly committed" to the township's development standards.
"We made sure that when they came in and did their project that they were going to provide a high-standard project. They've initiated their planning and design criteria based on, what we're calling, a design standards manual for the development," said Trio. "That would be strictly adhered to."
The township was scheduled to have a meeting with Toll Brothers during the last week of November to go through a permit schedule and fee breakdown. Toll Brothers is expected to start construction by the end of the year. Trio said demolition permits have already been approved and demolition on the site is already taking placed.
According to a recent advertisement in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Liseter will include the following:
- Seven collections of luxurious carriage and single-family homes
- There will be 449 units in total
- The estate will sit on 400 acres of land
- Homes will range from 2,500 to 5,000 square feet
- Homes will range from three to five bedrooms
- An existing 7,000-square-foot barn will be historically preserved, restored, and refurbished into the community's clubhouse
- Swimming pool
- Walking trails
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Tennis courts