Top 5 Weekend Events: Festivals, Lorax Trail, Greek Affair and More
Check out the five events in Northwest Philadelphia, the Main Line and beyond this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top five local events for this weekend.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 23, 2 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Where: Haverford Avenue, Narberth
- Why Go: Come out an enjoy a day of food, drinks, and live music. Face painting, magic and fun for the kids. “Artists Alley” willl feature an eclectic mix of artists and artisans showcasing a wide variety of unique handmade pieces. Representatives for Philabundance will be on hand to accept cash and canned food donations.
- Cost: FREE *Minimum $1.00 donation to Philabundance is requested.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 22 at noon.
- Where: Germantown Avenue between The Night Kitchen and Carol Schwartz Gallery
- Why Go: A day-long celebration of Dr. Seuss' Trail of the Lorax in Chestnut Hill. Follow the trail, collect stickers and other goodies and have fun. There will be arts, crafts, storytelling, face painting, cookie & cupcake decorating, balloon art, Green Eggs and Ham, a screening of the Lorax and The Philadelphia Zoo on Wheels. Stop by The Carol Schwartz Gallery to view an entire exhibit of Dr. Seuss' art.
- Cost: Free
- When: Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Sunday, Sept. 23
- Where: St. Luke Greek Orthodox Church, Broomall
- Why Go: This multi-day fair will include performances by local dance troupes performing traditional Greek dances, live Greek music, and, of course, Greek food. The festival will also feature a traditional flea market, gift boutiques, a coffeehouse, and a traveling Ancient Greek Museum. There are also rides and games for the kids.
- Cost: FREE
- When: Saturday, Sept. 22. 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Where: State Street, Media
- Why Go: Come see and have the opportunity to purchase high quality original art directly from the area’s best artists and artisans. This free family event features live music, children’s activities, artist demonstrations, an art raffle, great food, local non-profit booths, and free parking in Media all day.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Sept. 23 from noon to 3 p.m
- Where: Cabrini College, Radnor
- Why Go: Come out and enjoy kite flying, snacks, arts & crafts, face painting, moonbounce and a balloon artist. Between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. the Cabrini men's and women's soccert teams will conduct mini clinics for kids under the age of 10.
- Cost: Free