This year New Years Eve and New Years Day fall on a weekend, which affects the regular hours of government offices, as well as local businesses. Government buildings are normally closed on the weekends anyway, however, the county will observe the holiday on Monday, Jan. 2, and will be closed then as well.
The following is a list of what is closed and what is open on New Years Eve, New Years Day, and Monday, Jan. 2. Unless otherwise stated, the listed stores have regular hours on Monday.
- U.S. Post Office: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
- UPS Store: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
- FedEx: Closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Marple and Newtown Township Municipal Buildings: Closed Saturday through Monday
- Delaware County Courthouse: Closed Saturday through Monday
- Wine and Spirits: Open until 8 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
- Most are closed Sunday and Monday
- Marple Public Library: Closed Saturday and Sunday, reopening Monday at 10 a.m.
- Newtown Public Library: Regular hours Saturday, closed Sunday
Grocery and Convenience Stores
- Gentile's Market: Open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, closed Sunday
- Giant Foods Supermarket (Broomall): Open Saturday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.; regular hours on Sunday
- Wawa: Will close at 11 p.m. on Saturday and reopen at 6 a.m. on Sunday
- CVS: Regular hours
- Country Squire Diner: Regular hours (24/7)
- Casey’s Pub: Regular hours Saturday, open 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday
- Newtown Grill: Regular hours
- Winner’s Circle: Regular hours
- Granite Run Mall : Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday; open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday
- Springfield Mall: Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday; open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday
- Walmart Marple: Regular hours (7 a.m. to 11 p.m.)
- Party Land: Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday; closed New Years Day