- Back to School: First day of school for all Archdiocese of Philadelphia schools is Wednesday
- Road Work: Due to an AQUA project, Saint David’s Road will be closed at the Paper Mill Road Bridge between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day this week. The road will be re-opened each day at 3 p.m. until the completion of the project.
- Driving: AARP Driver Safety Program from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 4 at Marple Library. Take this four-hour refresher course and brush up on those driving skills. The cost is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members. Space is limited, call 484-427-8113 to register.
- Food: PRC Farmers Market from 2 to 6 p.m. at Mostardi Nursery on West Chester Pike, rain or shine
- Traffic: Check on your commute on the PennDOT traffic cameras before you leave the house. But the traffic will likely be terrible—it's traffic.
- Weather: The forecast calls for temperatures to reach the low-80s with sunny skies. Temperatures are expected to drop to low-60s in the evening.
- History: Per the History Channel, on this day in 2002, Kelly Clarkson won the first American Idol.