It is National Fire Prevention week, which started on Oct. 9. Many fire companies in the area hold open houses, go out to school and speak to children, and try to remind everyone to always be safe no matter what time of year it is.
The Broomall Fire Co. held our 1st Annual Fire and Life Safety Open House this week, which was a big success. Thank you to the residents who came out to visit with us.
Some safety tips I would like you to put in the forefront of your mind this week is to check your home for hazards. Here are a few tips:
- Check and clean your dryer vents.
- Check electrical cords for any wear and tear.
- Make sure your BBQ propane tanks are stored away properly.
- Make sure all flammable liquids are secured in proper containers and NOT store inside your home.
- Prepare and PRACTICE - two ways out of your house.
- Check your fire extinguishers and have at least one in your home.
- Check and clean your smoke detectors, change the battery, and make sure your continue to check it throughout the year.
- Now that the weather is changing, have a professional check your heaters.
Please always be safe each and every day.