Summer has arrived, which means summer safety starts with you. Follow these tips this summer:
- The kids are out of school, so please be aware when driving the streets.
- Check you BBQ grills for any leaks before lighting them. If you have any doubts, buy a new tank and hoses.
- Make sure your fire pits are dug out and that you do not over stack the wood that you are burning.
- Wear sunscreen every and all day, even on cloudy days. SPF of 30 or higher is recommended and re-apply every 2-3 hours.
- Check on your elderly neighbor during heat waves. If you notice their mail piling up, you have not seen them in a day or so, knock on the door to say 'hi.' If there is no answer, contact a family member or the police.
Enjoy a safe and happy summer!
Remember: The ends at the , please stop at the firehouse for a free hotdog and cold juice or water.