There are lots of things happening this weekend. It's a weekend full of community events with a symphony performance, chef contest and an electronic waste recycling collection.
Check out Patch's best bets for this weekend. What do you have planned?
2nd Annual Top Shelter Chef Contest
- When: Saturday, March 2, at 6 p.m.
- Where: St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, 229 Powell Lane in Upper Darby
- Why Go: Amateur chefs from five Delaware County churches and synagogues will don their aprons and face-off for the honor of Top Shelter Chef in a fundraiser to benefit three Delaware County shelters.
- Cost: $25, Tickets are limited and may be purchased here www.caadc.org.
St. Pius Beef and Beer
- When: Saturday, March 2, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Saint Pius X School, 204 S. Lawrence Road, Broomall
- Why Go: Enjoy beef, beer, music and fun with your neighbors
- Cost: $30
Electronic Waste Collection
- When: Saturday, March 2, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Edgmont Township Building, 1000 Gradyville Rd, Newtown Square
- Why Go: The Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) will host this recycling event. Clean out your basement and garage and bring your old computers, laptops, TV’s, printers, fax machines, cell phones, cameras and more, in order to recycle safely.
- Cost: Free
Delaware County Symphony Performance
- When: Sunday, March 3, pre-concert conversation from 2 to 2:30 p.m., concert to follow
- Where: Neumann University's Meagher Theatre, pre-concert conversation in the McNichol Room
- Why Go: Prior to the sounds of the symphony, attend a free pre-concert conversation led by Dr. C. Michael Kelly which will offer historical and musical insights to enhance appreciation of each symphonic concert.
- Cost: For more information and ticket reservations, please visit http://www.dcsmusic.org or call (610) 879-7059.
Boar's Head Feast
- When: Friday, March 1, at 6:30 pm
- Where: Ridley Creek State Park, E Bishop Hollow Rd & Chapel Hill Rd in the main ballroom of the Jeffords mansion
- Why Go: Enjoy dinner, dancing, an auction and an old fashioned sing-a-long. Guests are welcome to join the fashion show and show off your colonial clothes. Proceeds will benefit the Plantation's Farmers Cabin Fund.
- Cost: $35, tickets are limited
Sweetheart Gala Benefiting American Heart Assoc.
- When: Saturday, March 2 from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Where: Granite Run Mall, 1067 W. Baltimore Pike, Media
- Why Go: Enjoy cocktails, music and a silent auction, all while benefiting the American Heart Association. Local 10-piece band, The FM Band, will also perform at this formal affair.
- Cost: $75 per person