Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
RESCHEDULED: Triple Play of Coaches vs. Cancer
- When: Monday, Jan. 28, at 3:30 p.m. (Note rescheduled date).
- Where: Marple Newtown Senior High School 120 Media Line Rd, Newtown Square
- Why Go: Come out for an exciting night with the Triple Play of Coaches versus Cancer, Senior Night and MNBA Night. All MNBA players wearing their shirts will enter free of charge. The schedule for the evening is girls varsity at 6:00, followed by boys varsity at 7:30. A portion of the proceeds will be directed to the Coaches vs. Cancer Fund. MNSD and the PIAA officials will be recognizing Ray Gionta’s efforts as Marple Newtown’s winningest coach at our Coaches vs. Cancer Basketball games vs. Radnor on January 25th, before the scheduled boys game at 7:30.
- Cost: Students: $3; Adults: $5
Rose Tree Pops: Memorable Movie Music
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 3 - 5 p.m.
- Where: Marple Presbyterian Church 105 N Sproul Rd, Broomall
- Why Go: This is the Rose Tree Pops rescheduled fall concert. This concert includes Brahms Hungarian Dances #5 and #6 and features Kristine Strecker, french horn soloist, playing Saint Saens' Morceau de Concert Op 05. After intermission we will play movie favorites including The Pink Panther, Themes from 007, and a tribute to John Williams from the Kennedy Center Honors.
Documentary Screening: To God's Ears
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Temple Sholom in Broomall 55 Church Ln, Broomall
- Why Go: To God's Ears is a 42 minute documentary presenting a beautiful combination of music, performance, story and history. The history of conflict between Catholics and Jews over thousands of years has eased in present times and the film examines Catholic-Jewish dialogue, telling a story of how far we have come. The film will be followed by a Q & A session at 4 PM with the film's director, Jeffrey Schneider, who will join us by Skype from California; and Kerith Spencer-Shapiro.
- Cost: Free, donations accepted
- When: Friday, Jan. 25 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Newtown Public Library
- Why Go: The Friends of the Library would like to invite the public to a fun family evening in the community room at the Newtown Public Library. There will be games for all ages, pizza, and beverages. Bring a game to share, or play one of ours. Registration is required by January 23 and is strictly limited to the first 50 people who call the library at 610-353-1022 or sign up with Sharon Haslett firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: Free to Friends members. Non-members charged $5 per family.