Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.,
- Where: Eight Delaware County collection sites including Broomall's Giant, Media Police Department and State Police-Media Barracks will host the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day event.
- Why Go: Prevent the misuse or theft of prescription drugs and properly dispose of unused or expired medications. Delaware County Council and District Attorney Jack Whelan are teaming up with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), county municipalities and eight of the county’s police departments to give local residents a safe place to dispose of their unused, unwanted and outdated prescription medications. Participants will remove any personal information from bottles or packages. Sharpies and syringes will not be accepted due to the potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.
- Cost: Free and anonymous, no questions asked
64th Semi Annual Newtown Square Fire Co. Auxiliary Flea Market
- When: Sunday, Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: Newtown Square Shopping Center
- Why Go: Who doesn't like a good bargain? All proceeds will benefit the Newtown Square Volunteer Fire Company through the efforts of the Ladies Auxiliary. For more information, please read this.
- Cost: Free
- When: September 29 from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Marple Sports Arena, 611 Parkway Drive, Broomall
- Why Go: Please join Shannon's family for a fun family night out benefitting The CADES School. Enjoy dinner, silent auction, lottery, and tons of fun for the kids. This is a BYOB event. For more information, please visit their website.
- Cost: $25 per adult and $15 for kids
- When: Friday, Sept. 28 from 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 29 from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Why Go: Save big on shopping for your children by shopping at St. Kevin's this weekend. See their website for information.
- Cost: Free
- When: September 28 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: The Grange Estate
- Why Go: Come out and support the new Remembrance Garden Amphitheater at The Historic Grange Estate. Purchase a handmade ceramic bowl crafted by Haverford High School students and then fill it with soup and/or salad in the Carriage House. Manoa Beverage will have seasonal beers for purchase, there will be a chili cook-off, and tastings.
- Cost: $15
- When: Friday, Sept. 28 - Sunday, Sept. 30
- Where: Haverford Township Free Library
- Why Go: Great books at bargain prices, plus you get to support the library. Friday night is the preview sale for members from 6 - 9:00 p.m. Memberships are available at the door. Hot dogs, cold drinks and snacks will be available. Saturday the sale is open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday the prices are slashed. From 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. you can fill a grocery sized sack for $6.
- Cost: Free to get in - except Friday