Marple Newtown Patch's most-read stories of 2013 reflect tragedy, triumph and time.
The top story of 2013 was an odd and unexpected one but a story that showed readers need information. The most read 2013 story was the announcement of when Daylight Saving Time would end. Readers (A LOT of readers) wanted to know the answer and the fact that was the highest read story in 2013 is a shock.
The more newsie of stories like the missing 22-year-old, Sarah Murnaghan and the killing of Christian Massey also were widely read stories in 2013. The Pathmark being sold, retirement of a beloved post office clerk and a petition that may have saved a music teacher's job, also all topped the charts in 2013.
Below is a list of Marple Newtown Patch's Top 20 most-read stories from 2013.
- When Does Daylight Saving Time 2013 End?
- Missing Newtown Man Last Seen in Philly
- Sarah Murnaghan Added to Adult Transplant List
- Sarah Murnaghan Gets Transplant, Recovers After Surgery
- Donate to Special Olympics in Christian Massey's Name
- Puppy's Ears Cut; Animal Cruelty Charges Pending
- Missing Newtown Square Man Found Dead in VA
- Former Pathmark Property Sold
- New Burger Place, Pharmacy Closes Top July News
- Post Office Says Goodbye to Beloved Clerk
- Man Dies in I-476 Crash in Marple
- Duo Charged, Suspected in Numerous Burglaries, Police Say
- Lightning Strike, House Fire Don't Stop One Graduate
- Kitten Struck with Broomstick Behind Restaurant, Police Say
- Meet Marple Newtown School Board Candidates
- Parents Petition to Save Loomis Music Teacher
- MNHS Principal Resigns, Accepts Position at DCIU
- Home Burglarized While Residents, Dog Sleep, Police Say
- Marple Newtown School Board 2013 Election Results
- Patch Editor Ties the Knot