Patch Picks highlights both editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful picks to help you, your family, friends, and significant others find the best places to go and things to do, from Sunday brunch to date night destinations, girls’ nights out, kids’ party places, shops, parks and more.
It’s that time of year parents are shopping around for the perfect summer camp for their child. Kids spend a great deal of time indoors during the winter months studying, playing video games, and just trying to stay warm in the brutal weather. Summer is a great opportunity to allow your kids to get out, get moving, learn about new things, and meet other new children. Here’s a few ideas to get you started in your search.
- ESF Camp at – ESF offers 7 camps that offer more than 60 different options, including sports, crafts, music, theatre and nature.
- Camp Treasure Island at – Camp Treasure Island is open to children entering kindergarten through grade six in the fall. It offers a week of summer fun that includes singing, games, crafts, snacks, stories, and plays. There is no fee to attend this camp.
- LinguaZone Langauge Academy - Programs are offered for students, ages 4 to 17. Campers have opportunities to learn world languages, including French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and German. Programs are available year-round.
- Philly Point Guard Camp – The camp is for boys and girls ages six to 18 who like to shoot hoops. Young athletes will learn fundamentals, conditioning, teamwork and sportsmanship of basketball during a one-week session, held throughout the Philadelphia and New Jersey region. The Media camp will be held in July.
- Phillies Baseball Academy – This one-week camp is for your little slugger. Campers, ages six through 14, get to take the field in their own official Phillies Baseball Academy uniform. The camp features the fundamentals of baseball, skills contests, scrimmages and invitations to Citizens Bank Park. The camp is offered at 15 different locations in the Delaware Valley throughout the summer.