has pulled some of its 12.5-ounce cans of Enfamil Newborn powder from shelves across the nation after a Missouri newborn died after being given the formula, according to the Huffington Post.
The powder with the lot number ZP1K7G has been removed. There has not been a government recall and manufacturer Mead Johnson Nutrition said the lot tested negative for the bacterium Cronobacter before it was shipped.
Walmart spokeswoman Dianna Gee said the company pulled the lot while health officials investigate the death of the 10-day-old Avery Cornett. Depending on the investigation’s outcome, the product could be put back on the shelves, said Gee.
The newborn received Enfamil Newborn powder from a Lebanon, MO, Walmart store, but the particular lot number has been pulled from more than 3,000 Walmart shelves in the country.
Avery Cornett, the 10-day-old newborn from Missouri, died Sunday. Health officials are investigating the baby's death. Customers who bought the cans have the option of returning them for a refund or exchange, Gee said.