, but the collection schedule will continue on Tuesday for residents living in wards 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Newtown Township residents living in the third and sixth precincts will have their leaves collected all week by curbside.
Leaves will be collected in both townships for their respective wards and precincts through Nov. 16.
Newtown reminds residents of the following tips:
- All leaves must be at curbside by the first day of your allotted time for pickup.
- Rake your leaves (no branches) into even piles at the edge of your property behind the curb. NOT IN THE STREET.
- Rake your leaves to a position inside the sidewalk. Do not rake the leaves past the sidewalk or into the street where they will clog the gutters and storm drains.
- If a landscaper is to be used, instruct the landscaper to blow or rake the leaves to inside the sidewalk, and not in the street. Landscapers who dump leaves that have been compacted face the possibility of fines.
- There is no dumping in Newtown Township.
- Leaf collection will be picked up by precincts.
- After the scheduled collection period has passed, leaves may be bagged and put out in your regular trash.