The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will be working on several state roadways around the Marple Newtown area throughout the week.
Read the following roadways and times that PennDOT will be working on this week:
- Goshen Road in Newtown milling and paving from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. until Sept. 28. Lane closures will be between Newtown Street Road/Route 252 and County Line Road. The project was contracted to Highway Materials, Inc., for $13.4 million.
- I-476 south in Marple and Springfield townships for bridge repair from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m until Sept. 27. Lane closures will be between West Chester Pike/Route 3 and Media bypass (US 1). The project was contracted to J.D. Eckman for $2 million.
- Line painting in Haverford, Radnor, Upper Darby, Newtown, and Concord townships from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. until Sept. 28. PennDOT reminds motorists to remain an ample distance behind the line painting truck and to stay off traffic lines.
And a continous project that will last until November:
- Bishop Hollow Road in Newtown for utility installation from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Nov. 2. Lane restrictions will occur on Ellis Avenue. The project was contracted to Aqua Pennsylvania.
- St. Davids Road in Newtown for bridge rehabilitation. The bridge has been closed and detoured between Darby Paoli Road and Newtown Road. The project has been contracted to J.D. Eckman for $454,000.