Click here to sign up for the Marple Newtown Patch newsletter!
The following are the times and places where construction will be taking place this week (week of Aug. 6) in the Marple Newtown area so you can plan your route accordingly.
Daytime Road Work
- From Aug. 7-10, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.– Lane restrictions on Rt. 3/West Chester Pike and Church Lane in Broomall for utility installations by Aqua Pennsylvania.
- From Aug. 6-11, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Line Painting in Newtown, Edgmont, Thornbury and Middletown townships. Slow-moving trucks, operated by PennDOT, will be on state-owned roadways to paint lines. Motorists are advised remain an ample distance behind the line painting truck and to stay off traffic lines.
Evening Road Work
- From Aug. 1-24, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Lane closures in between Baltimore Pike and Rt. 320/Sproul Rd. in Marple, Springfield and Upper Providence townships for milling and manholes.
- St. David's Rd. Bridge Closed until November – A portion of St. David's Road is closed due to the St. David's Rd. bridge rehabilitation project. .
- Gradyville Rd. Bridge Closed until possibly February 2013 – A portion of Gradyville Road is closed due to the Gradvyille Rd. bridge being deemed and dangerous for traffic. .