BROOMALL–Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a long-term care and short-term physical rehabilitation facility that also offers hospice care. It offers services for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients as well as nutritional support, pain and wound management, pulmonary specialty services and more.
The Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services filed a survey report on Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center on Oct. 21, 2011.
Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center was given a severity grade of D to G, based on 11 situations, on a scale from A to L, with A being the least serious and L being the most serious.
A severity score of D through F means no actual harm was done, but there is the potential for minimal harm that does not impose immediate jeopardy, according to Medicare. A severity score of G means actual harm had occurred but it does not pose an immediate jeopardy to resident health or safety, and the deficiency was determined isolated.
According to the report filed, based on clinical record review and staff interview, it was determined that the facility failed the following:
- Immediately tell the resident, the resident's doctor and a family member of the resident of situations (injury/decline/room, etc.) that affect the resident.
- Provide care for residents in a way that keeps or builds each resident's dignity and respect of individuality.
- Provide necessary care and services to maintain the highest well being of each resident.
- Give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing bed sores.
- Make sure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks and provides supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
- Dispose of garbage and refuse properly.
- Have a program that investigates, controls and keeps infection from spreading.
- Make sure there is a pest control program to prevent/deal with mice, insects, or other pests.
- Be administered in an acceptable way that maintains the well-being of each resident.
- Keep accurate, complete and organized clinical records on each resident that meet professional standards.
As of Sept. 19, 2012, no new reports have been filed for Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in the Pro Publica database.
You can view more than 20,000 nursing home inspection reports on the Pro Publica website here.
Other Nursing Home Inspection Reports in Marple Newtown
Broomall Presbyterian Village