Here is a list of everything you need to know before attending Marple Newtown High School graduation on Thursday. Please enjoy MNHS's Commencement while being respectful of all the graduates and families. Check back on Friday for complete graduation coverage.
- Graduation ceremony begins at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Pavilion at Villanova University but guests may enter the Pavilion as early as 5 p.m.
Parking, Directions to Villanova University
- NOTE: The U.S. Open events will be taking place at nearby Merion Golf Club and traffic in the area will be increased. Allow for extra travel time. See here for more information regarding U.S. Open road closures and expected traffic delays.
- Parking is free to all participants and attendees.
- Exit the Blue Route (I-476) at Exit #13 (St. Davids/Villanova)
- Turn Right at the first traffic light (Route 30)
- Follow past Villanova Main Campus to Ithan Avenue
- Senior citizens and handicapped citizens turn Left on Ithan Avenue and proceed to entrance of the Pavilion (Second Right) for drop off in front.
- All other traffic turn Right on Ithan Avenue and park in either of the large lots.
Student Report Time
- Students should report to the Pavilion at 4 p.m. in preparation for the ceremony.
- Tickets will not be distributed or collected. No tickets are needed.
- Seating for spectators is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Handicap seating is available and ushers will provide assistance.
- A floral kiosk will be set up at the Pavilion where bouquets will be available for purchase.
- A half dozen, medium stem roses—$15
- Dozen, long stem roses—$20
- Presentation Bouquet—$25