NEWTOWN SQUARE–At a recent , where the Marple Newtown Tigers shut out Upper Darby in a 16-5 victory, seniors on the team were celebrated by parents, fans and teammates.
Here is a list of the eight seniors and their plans for next fall:
- Brian Kelly–The defensive captain for the Tigers, Kelly will attend Millersville University in the fall, where he will pursue a five-year Masters program in engineering and has gained a starting position on the Millersville University Football Team.
- Chris Massey–His first year playing lacrosse and a positive influence on the team, Massey will pursue a career in construction.
- Corey McDonnell–A member of the National Honor Society, McDonnell received the Marple Newtown lacrosse Team Heart and Soul award. He plans to attend Penn State University's main campus and study accounting in the fall.
- Dan Furst–Known to be actively involved in school with the Marching Band for four years, Jazz Band, field hockey captain for four years, swim team and choir and acapella groups. Furst will attend York College and study biology.
- Matt Gregory–Gregory played lacrosse and football for Marple Newtown High School. He plans to attend Neumann University and study sports management this fall.
- Matt Taxin–Taxin played both lacrosse and ice hockey for Marple Newtown. He was chosen All-Delco and plays for the Little Flyers Junior A. He plans to pursue more junior ice hockey opportunities as well as college.
- Teddy Oleynick–A member of the Marching Band for four years, Oleynick played tuba and has been recognized as Student Athlete of the month and received a Renaissance Positive On People Award. He also received Honorable Mention All Central for his position on the lacrosse team. He will attend Penn State University's main campus this fall.
- Cullen Scott–Scott has played lacross for three years and was on the swim team for Marple Newtown. He plans to attend at DCCC to study horticluture.