Looking to stretch your legs this September? You have plenty of interesting options: you can run a marathon while half-submerged in a pool (if you can afford it), or complete a half-marathon alongside Amish runners through bucolic Lancaster County.
There are two Marple Newtown area runs in the coming month. On Sept. 15, help support recovery addiction and raising awareness on the impact of addiction with Caron's 5k Run and Sober QSept. 29, take a run (or walk) through Ridley Creek State Park while you help raise funds for children’s education in Morocco, Liberia, and Uganda for 5k...2kare...4kids.
Sunday, Sept. 2
- Bucks County Duathlon 2-mile run, 10-mile bike, 2-mile run, 8 a.m., Washington Crossing, race-day registration $80
Monday, Sept. 3
- Jailbreak 5k, team run, walk, start time 8:30 a.m., Oaklands Corporate Center, Exton, $25 ($30 race day), no partner/team necessary to run
Friday, Sept. 7
- Teri's Run & Twilight Walk, 5k, 7 p.m., Downingtown, $25
Saturday, Sept. 8
- Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon, 13.1-mile run through Amish farm country, 7:30 a.m., Lancaster County, $75 online registration
- Nationwide 4.01k Walk/Run at the Philly Zoo, 4.01k, 8:30 a.m., Philadelphia Zoo, $30
- Noell Maerz Patriot Games Triathlon, run-canoe-bike-run, 7:30 a.m., New Britain (Bucks County), $200 per team
- Big Red Run and Harmony Walk, 5k, 8 a.m., Upper Merion, $25
- Philadelphia Undy 5000, 5k run/walk in your boxers, start time 9 a.m., Martin Luther King Drive, Philadelphia, $30 ($40 race day)
Sunday, Sept. 9
- 9/11 Heroes Run, 5k, 2p.m., West Chester, $25
- Hit the Hay 13K, 8.06-mile run, 9 a.m., Birdsboro, $35 ($27 w/o shirt)
- HydroWorx Underwater Marathon, 5k, 10k, half and full marathon all on underwater treadmill run, 7 a.m. and 1 p.m., Troeg's Brewery/Hershey Park, Hershey, $750-$6,500 (fundraising run)
Saturday, Sept. 15
- Caron's 5k Run and Sober Q, 5k, 9 a.m., Ridley Creek State Park, $25
- Yards 5k Beer Run, 10:30 a.m., Yards Brewing Company, Philadelphia, $30
Sunday, Sept. 16
- Barracuda 70.7 Triathlon, 70.7-mile run-swim-run-swim-run-bike-run, 8 a.m., Hazleton (Luzerne County), $155/individual, $195/team
- Marshman Triathlon, 1/4 Mile Swim, 12.5 Mile Bike, 2 Mile Run, Marsh Creek State Park, $123, 7:30 a.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- Run For Your Life, 5k, start time 6 p.m., 16 Great Valley Parkway, Malvern $15 ($20 race day), benefits and Community Volunteers in Medicine
Sunday, Sept. 23
- ScoutStrong Fitness Fest (PDF flyer), 5k and 1 mile walk/run, 10:30 a.m., East Goshen Park, $20 (adult 5k race-day)
- Woodlawn Trustees Trail Series 5k, trail run, 9 a.m., Chadds Ford, $20
Saturday, Sept. 29
- 5k 2kare 4kids, 5k run, start time 10 a.m., Ridley Creek State Park, $25/individual
- Hands On House Half Marathon, 5k run, 13.1-mile circuit run, start time 9 a.m. Children's Museum of Lancaster, $60 (half-marathon race day), $30 (5k race day)
- Eagle National Bank 5K Run/Walk to Fight Breast Cancer, 5k run/5k walk, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, $25/over 16 years old through Sept. 20; $30 on race day.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- , 5k run and walk, 7:30 a.m., , Malvern, $25, benefits Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Features chip-timing new this year.