- First day of school for Marple Newtown School District students is Sept. 3
- First day of school for all Archdiocese of Philadelphia schools is Sept. 4
- Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on Sept. 4 and ends the evening of Sept. 6
- All MNSD schools closed on Sept. 5
- AQUA will be doing work and Saint David’s Road will be closed at the Paper Mill Road Bridge between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day, beginning Sept. 3 for about one week. The road will be re-opened each day at 3 p.m. until the completion of the project.
- Marple Township Planning Commission meeting on Sept. 5
- National Cheese Pizza Day is Sept. 5
- Marple Township Library Author Visit: Kimberly McCreight, author of "Reconstructing Amelia," will read from her novel and discuss it during a Q&A session at 3 p.m. on Sept. 6. Books are available for pre-order ($26 each) and she will sign books at this event.
- AARP Driver Safety Program from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 4 at Marple Library. Take this four-hour refresher course and brush up on those driving skills. The cost is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members. Space is limited, call 484-427-8113 to register.
- Marple Newtown High School Girls Varsity Field Hockey vs Academy Park High School at 3:45 p.m. on Sept. 6
- Marple Newtown High School Boys Varsity Football vs Strath Haven High School at 7 p.m. on Sept. 6
- Sign up for Marple Township's 20th Annual Golf Classic on Sept. 23.
- Two for Tuesday DVD rentals at Marple Library. Rent two DVDS for the price of one. Two new releases at $2.12, two older releases for $1.06 or one of each for $1.53. Children's DVDs are always free.
- PRC Newtown Square Farmers Market at Mostardi Nursey on Wednesday
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something