Check out Patch's best bets for this weekend. What do you have planned?
- When: Friday, Sept. 6, from 6-11 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 7 from 3-11 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 8 from 1-6 p.m.
- Where: Across the street from the Brommal Fire Company, 10 N. Malin Rd. in Broomall
- Why Go: Visit the annual fair and enjoy rides, games and prizes. Individual tickets $1.50 each, block of 25 tickets for $25, block of 56 tickets for $50. Sunday only-wristbands for $25 per person for all rides
from 1-5:30 p.m.
- When: Every Saturday in September from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Marple Sports Arena, 611 S. Park Way Blvd, Broomall
- Why Go: Race your friends and your family every Go Kart Saturday. Adult and kids over the age of six can ride the go karts at Marple Sports Arena.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 8 at noon, rain or shine
- Where: Marple Presbyterian Church, 105 N. Sproul Road, Broomall (Christian Education Building behind the church)
- Why Go: Eat ice cream and enjoy special guest, Magic by Poly, who has been performing his unique brand of hilarious magical routines in the Philadelphia area for more than 20 years.
- Cost: $5 per person, includes a hot dog, chips, ice cream, and drink. Proceeds benefit Connect-by-Night, MPC's program of emergency/overnight shelter for the homeless.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 7 and 8
- Where: Throughout Media Borough and Weichert, Realtors-Media will host a garage sale in the front parking lot of their offices
- Why Go: Find those hidden treasures at Media's largest garage sale. There will be household goods, furniture, books, costume jewelry, baby items, and much more. If you're hosting a sale this weekend be sure to post it to Media Patch's page as well so all those treasure hunters can find your sale.
- When: Thursday, Sept. 5, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Delaware County Government Center Lobby
- Why Go: Hosted by the Delaware County Transportation Management Association, county employees will have the opportunity to get free information on commuting on public transportation. SEPTA schedules, fare guides, carpooling information, bike and ride to work pamphlets will be available along with free giveaways.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Sept. 8, at 11 a.m.
- Where: State and Church Streets (near Trader Joe's) in Media
- Why Go: Please donate a few non-perishable food items (cereal, pasta, peanut butter, canned beans, canned tuna or chicken, soup) to help decrease hunger of our neighbors. All food will be donated directly to Philabundance.
- When: Friday, Sept. 6 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Peace Center of Delaware County, 1001 Old Sproul Road, Springfield
- Why Go: Watch this docudrama, which was a 2013 Oscar Nominee for "Best Foreign Language Film," a true story of the ad executive whose media campaign helped to depose Chilean military dictator, Augusto Pinochet. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for light refreshments. There will be an after film discussion. One hour and 50 minutes, Rated R. Watch the trailer here.
- When: Monday, Sept. 9 at 4:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. respectively
- Where: Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Why Go: Women should make an appointment for their annual mammogram. Bring along important women in you life who also may need to get their annual screening. But let's not forget about the men. September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Crozer-Keystone will offer free prostate screenings through out September for men who are over 50 years old (40 years old if they are African American or have a family history of prostate cancer). Appointments are necessary.