Charles H. Russell Elementary School
Russell Elementary School serves kindergarten through fifth grade students residing in the sixth ward of Broomall.
The school is situated on Sproul Road and New Ardmore Avenue. There is a soccer field and basketball nets available on the school playground. The school provides a basketball program called Russell Hoops for boys and girls in second through fifth grades.
Dianne Smith is the current principal at the school.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:05am - 3:40pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking spaces and a ramp are available.
- Number of students: 370
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 23:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: Approximately 30
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school provides numerous activities and events to involve the kids with the community.
- What makes this community special?: Everyone is very supportive and takes an active part.
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities