Newtown Public Library
The Newtown library serves the residents of Newtown Township through book loans, programs and activities.
From young to old, the library offers local resources to resident in the area such as book discussions for adults, scrabble for adults, infant reading time and arts and crafts for youngsters. There is a separate kid's corner for the younger patrons.
Concerts and events also take place at the library throughout the year.
The new library opened its doors in 2003 and Sue Knorr is the current library director. There are approximately over 55,000 items in the collection.
- Fax: 610-353-2611
- Hours: Mon-Thu, 10am-8pm; Fri, 10am-5pm; Sat, 10am-3pm; Sun, 1pm-4pm Closed Sundays June 19 to Sept. 4, 2011
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1974
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 55,000
- Specialties: Summer Reading Program for children, teens and adults. Register online to redeem prizes www.newtownlibrary.org
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Book donation information: see our website http://newtownlibrary.org/page20.html
- Wi-Fi: Free